At the construction site, Concrete Pump is one of the most crucial construction equipment. The machine is specially used for transferring liquid concrete by pumping for accurate pouring concrete where it is required. The Concrete Pump is very effective and economical machine for all types of construction projects from small to large residential and commercial construction project.
There are three major advantages of using the Concrete Pump; one is, increasing the concrete pouring speed as we know the speed is a crucial aspect of construction projects. Second – it ensures higher accuracy and quality in concrete pouring irrespective of using any types of concrete pump, and third- this machine requires less manpower, using it requires fewer labours than conventional methods of concrete placement. It also helps in reducing the labour cost of projects.
It not only gives the higher accuracy and quality in concrete pouring, but also provides perfect concrete pumping results with zero material wastage.
Primarily there are two types of Concrete Pumps, The Boom or Truck Mounted Pumps and Line or Trailer-mounted Pump. The Boom Concrete Pump is attached to a truck or longer units are on semi-trailers, it is also called truck-mounted boom pump. These concrete pumps are mostly used in large construction projects as they are capable of pumping the high volume of concrete in less time.
Line Pump requires steel or flexible rubber hoses to be manually attached to the machine. Here the machine usually pumps concrete at lower volume than a Boom concrete pump, it is mainly used for applications that require smaller volume pumping like sidewalks, swimming pools, and small houses concrete slabs.
Both concrete pumps have their specific application at the sites, therefore it is important to pick up right concrete pump by considering your requirement.
Buying the New concrete pumps is always worthy as it gives better and smooth production, especially if you are buying it from a well-known brand such as Schwing Stetter, Putzmeister Greaves, and others. But people are very confused investing in used concrete pumps or any other used construction machines, so having the idea of ‘Do’ and ‘Don’t’ at the time of buying used concrete pumps, will prevent you to invest in mediocre concrete pumps which will further consume your money in servicing and repairing.
Remember these points when looking for a used concrete pump
- Buy it from trusted sellers.
- Buy machine checked by an expert.
- The Boom Pumps and Line pumps have different applications; ensure you are buying the pumps which suit your application.
- Always remember purchasing wrong machine can cost you more money (in servicing, repairing), Ensure, when was the last Boom inspection
- Ask owner, when he changed the Hydraulic oil last time.
- Ask for the service record of the pump from the owner .
- Ensure the differential cylinders are in good shape.
- Personally inspect the machine when it buys from an online player (www.equipmentonestop.com) .
- Even buying the second-hand concrete pumps, ensure you give preference to Brand, as the brand has always higher resale value.
- Ensure machine is not too old; give preference to less older machine.